Thursday, November 29, 2018

I'm in a weird mood.  Actually, I have been for a few days now.

Or maybe it is not that weird.

Maybe it's just the loneliness hitting me in a different way.

I've noticed that I have had a reaction, for lack of a better word, to many women lately.  Don't get me wrong, there has never been a time when I didn't notice that a woman was attractive or pleasant to interact with.  But the last few days, I notice those things I always do and then I start picture what a date, or more, might look like.

Between you and I (I can trust you, can't I?), there are a few women a work with that have got my attention.  One of them is, frankly, too young for me and has a boyfriend as well.  One of them is still younger, but maybe not embarrassingly so, but if I had to guess, she has her own thing going on and I'm not her type.  The last one, I know nothing about, she works in the kitchen and I've barely interacted with her, but she seems cool.

Of course, none of this means anything really.  Except that it's new to me.  From 1998 to halfway through 2017, I've pretty much been with some one.  Now it's been about a year since the thing with the women I dated after she left ended.  This is the longest I've been unattached in decades.

It's not even just about girls or dating.  I don't have a buddy around here to hang out with.  I'm lonely.  I have my work interactions and that's great.  I have family interactions at home, that's good too.  But I think I want (maybe need) more.

Of course, i don't know how to make that happen.  I don't know how to meet people.  I don't know how to make the leap from work buddy to more.

But I guess I'm going to have to figure it out.

1 comment:

Shannon akaMonty said...

It sucks not having someone close enough in both friendship AND location where you can just go hang out and watch tv or whatever. I miss that so very much all the time. My BFF lives about 35 minutes away plus with Joshua for me, everything has to be planned.
I need a close by friend or neighbor that we can just say HEY ARE YOU HOME I'M COMING OVER and we can sit and watch tv or talk or read our books in silence together or eat pie.
I'm hungry for pie now. :D
I don't go over to my mom's that often because she watches my nieces until late evening, but at least I know I can just walk across the driveway any time day or night to escape my house if I have to and just lay on their couch and be in a different environment for a minute.
Yeah I'm not sure if this is where you were going with your post but I hijacked it for my own minirant. :D